There are no tugged in SHEETS with LAYERS of one or more loose heavy blankets on top of it. I was used to sleeping on a fitted sheet under a light but warm comforter which was placed INSIDE a duvet cover. (This tugged in business makes me feel like being strapped to a bed in a mental institution. I can't stick my feet out when I'm hot, I feel restricted by the weight from the layers of blankets, and I don't find it very hygienic since the only thing that seems to be washed is the flat sheet that separates you from the blanket(s). So the first thing I do in a hotel room bed is untugging all the sheets! My husband however associates a cosines and safety with being tugged in).
Mattresses are not very high - neither are the beds usually but there is still space underneath for storage.

German bed with slates
In the US (and everywhere else the British had established colonies) first of all you have to learn about different SIZES of beds (Twin/Single , Twin/Single XL , Double/Full , Double/Full XL, Queen, Olympic/Expanded Queen, California Queen, King, California King, Super King , Grand King) and mattresses which can be somewhat confusing to begin with. I seriously walked into a mattress store one day and had the guy explain to me why the mattresses are so high (compared to German ones). I learned everything about the BOX SPRING (which goes under the mattress and has to be covered by a BED SKIRT) and COILS inside the mattress etc.
We agreed on ONE blanket which is INSIDE a cover and no extra sheets on top of the linen. We also got a couple- not a whole load - of decorative PILLOWS which I was not used to having either. Works pretty good so far!




No comments:
Post a Comment